The 1956 Buick Trim Book “Color & Fabrics Selections” for Buick Showrooms is the best source for all interior trim combinations and their samples. Originals of this book are very hard to find. You can wait years or even decades to find one. Many of them (depending on condition, etc.) cost hundreds of dollars or even over 1,000 USD!
It contains lots of factory correct information, which make this book perfect for any 56 Buick restorer or owner, who would like to know how his Buick came from the factory.
- Interior Trim Combinations with Fabric Samples for Models of the “Special” Series:
- Interior Trim Combinations with Fabric Samples for Models of the “Century” Series:
- Interior Trim Combinations with Fabric Samples for Models of the “Super” Series:
- Interior Trim Combinations with Fabric Samples for Models of the “Roadmaster” Series:
- Convertible Top Fabric Samples
- Interior Color Guide
- Exterior Paint
The 1956 Buick Trim Book offers also illustrations how the trim looked like on the seats. There are three perspective views: Door panel, seat front, seat back. This is very helpful if you want to get your interior redone correctly!
The included Interior Color Guide tells you for each trim combination how the other interior parts were colored:
- Instrument Panel
- Steering Wheel & Column
- Floor Covering
- Foot Pedals
The section for Exterior Paint has a sample for each paint that was used for 56 Buicks and provides the used color code. If you compare this code with the info from the body tag you know how your 56 Buick was painted originally.
At the end is a section that gives you more historical info about 1956 Buicks. There are several articles taken out of the Buick magazine. They are:
- Model Year Introduction by Ivan L. Wiles, General Manager of the Buick Motor Division
- Engineering Information by Verner P. Mathews, Chief Engineer of the Buick Motor Division
- Manufacturing Report by E.T. Ragsdale, General Manufacturing Manager of the Buick Motor Division
- Sales Briefing by A.H. Belfie, General Sales Manager of the Buick Motor Division
- Featured Articles about:
- Dynaflow (Automatic) Transmission
- Buick’s new Interior Beauty
The last section was not part of the original 56 Buick trim book. It was added to match the requirements for hard covered books of our specialized printing partner. We wanted to provide the best quality, that’s why we’ve decided to take a hard cover book, not just a cheap photocopy or something like that!
This reprint has 48 inner pages plus 4 pages for the cover. The binding is a professional glue binding plus added stitching for better durability. All pages are printed on heavier paper for higher quality. Due to modern printing standards, the colors might not match & the size of the book is not original. It’s a bit higher, but also a little bit narrower. Size is DIN A4, which is 21cm wide and 29,7cm high. The cover is darker than pictured.
Get your high quality reprint of the 1956 Buick Color & Fabrics Selections – Trim Book today!