1950 BUICK REAR COMPARTMENT LID
- Cover lower roof panel below back window to protect finish and raise compartment lid.
- Disconnect and remove light wire from lid.
- Scribe position of hinge straps on lid.
- Remove two (2) retaining bolts from each hinge strap and remove lid. Use care to prevent damaging the body finish.
- To replace, with a helper position the lid over hinge straps within the scribe marks and install hinge bolts. Install light wire, close lid and check alignment.
Floating anchor plates on the lid inner panel, see Figure No. 56, allow an up, down, or side adjustment of the lid. To adjust, loosen retaining bolts, make the necessary corrections, and then tighten bolts to place. Additional adjustments are provided at the lid lock striker (up and down, fore and aft) and at the side bumpers (up and down). See Figure No. 57.
1950 BUICK REAR COMPARTMENT LID HINGE
- Protect lower roof panel by covering; at the same time provide a support for lid on the side where the hinge is to be removed.
- Scribe hinge location and remove two (2) lid attaching bolts.
- On the hinge box, bend up the retaining tabs and remove the two (2) hinge pins.
- Position hinge in support box and install pin nearest opening first, then insert rear pin and bend down tabs.
- Position hinge strap on lid, install bolts, close lid and check alignment.
1950 BUICK REAR COMPARTMENT LID LOCK CYLINDER AND EMBLEM BASE ASSEMBLY
- Open rear compartment lid and through the small access holes in the lid inner panel, remove the four (4) screws retaining the emblem base assembly to the lid outer panel. Remove emblem base assembly.
- Through the open back of the base assembly, remove the two (2) lock cylinder retaining screws and remove lock cylinder from base assembly.
- To install, reverse this procedure. Prior to installing emblem base assembly to gasket on lid outer panel, clean off old cement from base assembly and gasket, then apply “3M Weatherstrip Cement” to joining surfaces of gasket and base assembly. If gasket has been disturbed from its cemented attachment to the lid outer panel, recement to position.
1950 BUICK REAR COMPARTMENT LID LOCK
- Remove emblem base assembly (see Emblem Base Assembly above).
- Remove lock attaching bolt “A.” See Figure No. 59.
- Remove the four (4) lid lock and cover plate attaching screws and bolts at “B.” Remove cover plate “C” and the lock assembly.
- To install, reverse this procedure.